Siemon's founding commitment to stewardship has resulted in a long history of progressive environmental action.
Siemon Green Guide
Learn about the actions Siemon takes in support of environmental policies and conservation.
Work with Siemon to make a difference.
The Siemon Company is committed to protecting and preserving our environment through continual improvement in the sales, marketing, design, manufacture and resale of IT infrastructure and OEM components and systems. Our Environmental Management System will ensure compliance to applicable laws, regulations, permits, pollution prevention practices, and company policies in the selection, use and disposal of all materials sold to customers and used in the office areas, production processes, logistics services and supply chain. The Siemon Company will establish ongoing objectives and targets that continually improve the suitability, adequacy, and effectiveness of the Environmental Management System.
In keeping with our commitment to environmentally responsible products, Siemon meets or exceeds all requirements of the stringent Restriction on the use of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) initiative. »Read
In a recent study, Gartner analysts revealed that IT activity accounts for 2% of global CO2 emissions, equivalent to the amount produced by the aviation industry. Siemon's Carrie Higbie weighs in on how your cabling choices factor into the quest for a "greener" IT network. »Read
This declaration of conformity is issued under the sole responsibility of the Siemon Company. »Download PDF
We're Not Going Green. We Already Are.
Siemon's carbon reductions and offsets exceed actual emissions by over 330% »Learn More
This video explains how Carl "Big Carl" Siemon's legacy of environmental consciousness shapes policies at the Siemon Company today.
»Watch Video Now
Branch Hill Farm
Branch Hill Farm is an award-winning 3000 acre tree farm owned by the Carl Siemon Family Charitable Trust and operated by members of the Siemon Company Board of Directors. A testament to Carl Siemon's passionate belief in responsible environmental stewardship, Branch Hill Farm serves as a living public laboratory for educating all age groups about good forest and field management.
Learn more about the tree farm's preservation goals and educational programs:
Siemon "Green" Environmental News:
- New Website makes it easier to explore the Naugatuck River
- Siemon Receives 2013 EPA Environmental Merit Award
- Siemon Named Conservationist of the Year
- IT Cabling Manufacturer Siemon's American Operations are Significantly Carbon Negative
- Network Cabling Manufacturer Siemon Announces its 2009 Solar Power Generation Figures
- Siemon's Global Headquarters Goes Zero Landfill as Part of its "Greener Cabling" Effort
- Siemon, Watertown-based Global Manufacturing Leader, and Alteris Renewables Commission New Solar Power Installation
- Real-time solar panel activity monitor now active
- Siemon's 2009 catalog program reduces paper usage by over 40%
- Siemon Literature Program Reduces Waste
- Siemon Company Wins PMA Award
- Siemon Honored with Green Circle Award
- Watertown Land Grant
- Trail Party Celebrates Natural Resources
- The Siemon Company Wins State of Connecticut Green Circle Award
- The Siemon Company Wins William O. Jeffery III IRMCO Environment Improvement Award
- Siemon Awarded ISO 9001 Re-Certification
- The Siemon Company Achieves ISO 14001 Certification